Effective Date: September 16, 2021
Who May Use this Website
We do not knowingly collect personal information online from any person we know to be under the age of 13 and instruct users under 13 not to send us any information to or through our website.
The online services we provide are designed for users from, and are controlled and operated by us from, the United States. By using our site, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States or storage of your information in the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
The Personal Information We Collect
We want you to understand how personal information you provide to us is collected and used. Personal information is any information that we can use to identify, locate, or contact you. We may collect and store your personal information when you provide it to us or to our service providers. Some examples of personal information we collect and when we collect it include:
- information needed to request additional information about our products or services and/or to enroll in our products and services;
- insurance policy and claim information;
- when you register or enroll to use our services;
- when you indicate that you are interested in receiving information about our products or services, such as e-mail alerts, newsletters, and other notifications;
- your interactions with our websites and other online services;
- general location information from your browser or device, which we use for internal purposes only
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your personal information to respond to your requests, such as to contact you with information about or products and services, send you email alerts, send you newsletters, and to provide you with related customer service. We may also use your information to send marketing communications and administrative information to you, manage subscription services, communicate with you about your account, and offer other products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use your personal information to personalize your experience interacting with us and for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing our services and new products and services, and operating and expanding our business activities.
In the event that Avalon or some or all of our business, assets or stock are sold or transferred (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) or used as security, or to the extent we engage in business negotiations with third parties, personal information may be transferred to or shared with third parties as part of any such transaction or negotiation.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may provide personal information to our affiliated businesses or to our business partners, who may use it to provide services and/or to send you marketing and other communications.
We may disclose personal information to our affiliated businesses, service providers and business partners, who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and insurance and other services related to our products and services.
If we are requested by law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide personal information, we may do so. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the information is pertinent (including to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain), we may use or disclose personal information, including without court process. We may also use or disclose personal information to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
We may use and disclose personal information to investigate security breaches or otherwise cooperate with authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
We may use and disclose information that does not personally identify you (including the information described under “Cookies and Other Technologies,” below) for any purpose, except to the extent limited by applicable law. If we are required to treat such information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information.
We may combine information that does not personally identify you with personal information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Information from Other Sources
We may collect data about you from publicly available sources to personalize your experience. We may also obtain data provided by third parties. For example, we may obtain information from companies to improve the accuracy of the information we have about you (e.g., adding your zip code to your address information). This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our communications to you.
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account with us has been compromised), please immediately contact us by clicking the “Contact Us” link on this website.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your website access information and password and for restricting access to your device, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your password.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies are small computer files we transfer to your computer’s hard drive. These small text files help us personalize content on our pages. Your browser software can be set to reject or accept cookies. Instructions for resetting the browser are available in the “Help” section of most browsers.
Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the site, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the site.
We may use third-party advertising companies to display advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the site, based on information relating to your access to and use of the site and other online services. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and https://www.aboutads.info/.
We do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
We and our service providers may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signals, beacons, Bluetooth, and near field communication protocols. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content, including for marketing purposes. We may share aggregated statistics derived from the location and other information we collect with advertisers and other third parties. You may be permitted to allow or deny such collection of your device’s location, such as through the settings on your mobile device and/or, to avoid the collection of location by beacons, by disabling Bluetooth. If you choose to deny such collection, we and our service providers may not be able to provide you with certain personalized services and content.
For example, precise geo-location can be used to identify your device’s latitude and longitude or your device’s location capabilities (e.g., GPS or Wi-Fi) to help you find a network pharmacy.
Fraudulent Sites, Spam & Phishing
Please be aware that there may be fraudulent websites that illegally use Avalon logos, and other aspects of the Avalon brand. Avalon is in no way associated with any fraudulent websites. These sites may circulate their presence on the internet via spam email, or through fraudulent phishing practices.
In addition to our official website, Avalon may work with other third parties that host websites and micro-sites that provide information and services to our customers. If you are concerned that a website or an email may be fraudulent, please contact us by clicking the “Contact Us” link on this website.
Your Choices and Access
You can take yourself off our email list for promotional offers at any time by contacting us using the “Contact Us” link on this website. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
You can request the removal or modification of the personal information you have provided to us by sending a message to the “Contact Us” link on this website. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity and obtain information on the context in which you provided your personal information before implementing your request. We will try to accommodate your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
By establishing an avalonriskmanagement.com account, you agree that it is your responsibility to:
- Authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your avalonriskmanagement.com account, User ID and password.
- Promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a password or an account by contacting us using the “Contact Us” link on this website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
This section applies to any California residents about whom we have collected personal information from any source, including through your use of our site or by communicating with us electronically, in paper correspondence, or in person.
For purposes of this section, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer/resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available information or information that has been de-identified.
A. What Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers, which may include real name and alias; postal address; unique personal identifier; online identifiers as detailed below; Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; email address; telephone number; account number, name, and password; driver’s license number, state or other government-issued identification card number; and/or other similar identifiers;
- Commercial information, which may include account and claims history online;
- Biometric information, which may include voice recognition information; facial scans; and/or other similar biometric identifiers;
- Information relating to Internet activity or other electronic network activity, which may include cookie identifiers, clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, device platform, device version, and/or other device characteristics including your choice of settings such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Global Positioning System (“GPS”);
- Geolocation data, which may include Global Positioning System (“GPS”) data; locational information based upon your IP address; cell network data; and/or other similar locational data; and which may be collected from various devices including your mobile device(s) or vehicle(s);
- Audio, electronic, or visual information, which may include records of calls to or from our customer service centers;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as whether you are an Avalon colleague;
- Inferences about you, such as household income level and demographic information; credit card types you may have; homeowner/renter status; interest in certain types of products and services; and account history;
- Information not listed above and related to characteristics protected under California or federal law; which may include gender; race and ethnicity; language; religion; country of origin; marital status; military service/veteran status; and/or date of birth; and
- Other personal information not listed above and described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e), which may include signature; physical characteristics or description; and/or bank account number credit card number, debit card number, and other financial or health information.
B. What We Do With Your Information
We may collect or use personal information from you for the following purposes:
- Internal analytics
- Assessing third party vendors/service providers
- Audit, compliance, policy, procedures, or regulation
- Billing, payment, and fulfillment
- Customer claims and fraud investigation and prevention
- Customer communications
- Customer relationship management
- General business administration
- Marketing products and services
- Financial reporting and accounting
- Website optimization and maintenance
- Systems and data security
C. Sources of Collected Information
We may collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Our customers, and prospective customers, our websites, telephone, text message, postal mail, social media, forums, message boards, chatbots, or other means;
- Our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates; and
- Our service providers, which includes affiliates, marketing/customer relationship management providers, social media, technology/website hosting providers, analytics providers, and systems administrators/security and fraud investigations providers.
D. Who We Share Information With
We do not sell personal information or otherwise provide personal information to third parties, other than service providers receiving information to perform services for us on our behalf.
As with other companies that conduct digital marketing, we do share a limited set of data that is gathered when you visit our site and other web-based services, such as cookies and pixels, with third parties in order to allow you to see tailored digital advertisements about our products and services. We may also share certain information to enhance our ability to communicate with you and provide you with promotional information. To the extent this activity is interpreted as included in California law’s broad definition of “data sale,” we have provided you with opt-out rights as to that activity as further described in Section F below.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Advertising and marketing companies
- Service providers
- Social media companies
- Technology companies
We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
E. Your Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, subject to applicable law, you have the following rights under California law with respect to your personal information.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell, as applicable.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that is collected or maintained by us.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sales. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us by contacting us using the “Contact Us” link on this website.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of the privacy rights described above. You may also authorize someone to exercise the above rights on your behalf. Documentation will need to be provided that reflects that you have requested an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. This may include a Power of Attorney document or other signed document. If we have collected information on your minor child, you may exercise the above rights on behalf of your minor child.
We must be able to reasonably verify your identity and authority to exercise these rights before fulfilling a request. There are also various exclusions and exceptions that apply to these rights under applicable laws. So that we can verify your identity when you make a request, you will need to sign into your avalonriskmanagement.com account or provide certain personal information via webform or over the phone.
F. Notice of Right to Opt-Out of Sales
If you wish to opt-out of our sharing of the limited data that is gathered when you visit our sites and other web-based services for purposes of targeted digital advertising, you may do so by contacting using the “Contact Us” link on this website.
Please note that the effectiveness of your opt-out request may be limited by our ability to associate the cookies and/or pixels that we may collect from your web session with your identity, browser, device, and/or browsing session. As a result, your opt-out request will be more effective for future visits to the Avalon website if you:
- Utilize the same device that was used to exercise the opt-out request;
- Have not cleared cookies from your web browser;
- Are not using a private or “do not track” mode in your web browser; and
- Provide the same personal information that you provided previously.
We encourage you to re-submit opt-out requests from any other devices that you may be utilizing to visit our websites. If you sign up and are logged in to your avalonriskmanagement.com account, we will be able to more easily associate you with your website visits and apply a more persistent opt-out request across devices, browsers, and browsing sessions, subject to the above limitations.
California Shine the Light Law
If you are our customer and a California resident, you may request that we provide you with certain information about the entities with which we have shared our customers’ personal information for the entities own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To do so, please contact us using the “Contact Us” link on this website.
If you have any questions or concerns about this statement, or about the way your information is collected and used, please contact us using the “Contact Us” link on this website.
7600 E. Redfield Road, Building B, Suite 145
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260